Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bible Study Curriculum- Studying Through A Book

As a teacher of bible study curriculum I of course try to study the bible as much as possible.  There are a lot of different plans for doing this. There are many plans that help you read through the bible in a year.  A lot of people also will read five psalms a day, a proverb a day, or just a random chapter in the bible every day.  I have done many of these reading plans but I find all of them put me in a rush. I like to complete things and get to the end and in studying the bible I am often the same way.  Because of this I have failed to really digest thing in the past. This is why I have been trying something new, or new for me at least.  I am reading through one book of the bible.  Everyday I read the whole book or 5-10 chapters of it depending on how long it is.  Then I also read commentaries on it.  Until I have read the book several times, read a few commentaries, and digested the truths I do not move on.  It may take me longer to get through the whole bible but I find this option allows me to really digest the truth that is in God's word and take it to heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment