Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bible Study Curriculum- Reading A Commentary

As a teacher of bible study curriculum have you ever read a commentary?  I do not mean read excerpts of a commentary.  Most of us have done that. I mean reading one from cover to cover.  I have just recently done this for the first time and it was a wonderful experience.  It really gave me some great insight into God's word and was a wonderful time of growth.  Now, granted there are some commentaries where this would truly be a beating.  But there are others that make it a little easier.  There are commentaries by many writers such as John Phillps and Warren Wiersbe that write commentaries that are very reader friendly while still giving you all the biblical background that you desire.  They also usually include the full text of each verse instead of just the reference which is an added bonus.  I encourage you to choose a book of the bible and read through one of these.  I think you will find it to be a wonderful experience and another step towards you becoming a better student of the word of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment