Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bible Study Curriculum- Inspirational stories

As a teacher of bible study curriculum I find it powerful to read inspirational stories about the lives of other followers of Christ.  But even before I began teaching I found this practice to be important in valuable to my life.  Reading is an important discipline for a follower of Christ but we should not just read anything. We should read things that inspire us to live more fully committed to God and that help teach us and grow.  We need to model this as teachers and hold those in our small group accountable to do the same. For example, I just finished reading the biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer.  It is a powerful story of one man's commitment to following God in this face of intense evil and persecution. I learned so many powerful lessons that I look forward to living out and communicating to my small group.  So let me ask you, what are you reading? Are you reading anything? I know we are all busy but you need to block time and have the discipline to make this a discipline in your life.  You will benefit from it and those aroung you will benefit from it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment