Saturday, February 12, 2011

Adult Bible Study Curriculum- Share Your Time

Part of being an effective teacher of Adult Bible Study Curriculum is not dominating all of the conversation.  You may not have this issue, but I know I love teaching and because of this I often find myself talking the entire hour that I have with my bible study group.  This is not good teaching practice though.  For one, even adults can only focus in for so long.  But also, I find some of the best teaching moments come when I allow others to share their hearts and feelings.  They may have experience with the topics at hand.  Also, letting people in the group share makes them feel valued along with allowing you hearing where people are at and what gaps you may need to fill in.  Your time with your group teaching the Adult Bible Study Curriculum is about more than you just sharing your knowledge and your teaching gifts.  These things are important and are part of the reason why you are in the position that you are.  But more importantly your time with your group is about helping them grow, allowing them to express how they feel and where they struggle, and building a safe environment where people can minister to each others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment