Saturday, February 19, 2011

Adult Bible Study Curriculum- How Much is Enough?

When I talk to people about teaching Adult Bible Study Curriculum, one of the most often asked questions that I get is how much studying is really enough.  It is a valid question and one I love.  It shows that people really want to be prepared and do a good job.  But it is not a question where there is one straightforward answer.  It depends on a number of factors.  What is the topic?  If it is not one you are familiar with you probably will have to prepare more.  If it is something deep like the Trinity you definitely want to study more.  How experienced are you?  If you have taught for a long time it might be easier for you to wing it a little more if you have to.  But if you are a novice teacher you definitely want to invest more time in studying. Even if you are an experienced teacher never get cocky.  Make sure you are ready.  You may also want to ask how comfortable do you feel?  I have found for me I like to study until I feel I will not have to look at the outline and/or until I do not fear any question that might come up.  You may not be an expert on the topic that the Adult Bible Study Curriculum is covering but you need to at least appear to be one.  So study hard, and if you think you are ready study a little more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment