Saturday, March 5, 2011

Adult Bible Study Curriculum- A Time For Everything

I'm sure if you have been teaching adult bible study curriculum for long, or just reading the bible in general for long, you have come across the passage in Ecclesiastes that talks about how there is a season for everything.  I am also sure that you have discovered this to be very true in your life.  I also have found this to be true in many facets of my life.  But lately I have seen it play out in its own way in smaller portions of what I do.  For example, in my role as leader of my small group.  I have set a goal for my self to read one book a week.  I feel this is very important for my spiritual well being. But sometimes I can get too focused on this and miss out on what God is wanting me to do or what He is wanting to tell me.  Some days He might rather me stop and pray.  Other times He might want me to write.  So I encourage you to be sensitive to this.  Take time for things that will help you become a better teacher and leader, but do not get focused too much on one thing.  Realize it is a hole range of practices that help us grow and do each of them in their time as God leads you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment