Friday, March 11, 2011

Adult Bible Study Curriculum- Meeting Men's Relational Needs

As a guy, growing up hearing adult bible study curriculum lessons, I honestly got tired of hearing how men needed step up. Then I finally realized why. It wasn't that I did not want to step up it was that people were saying I should without giving me the opportunity to do so. Men have a desire in them to do something great. That just needs to be cultivated. One of the ways that happens is by having guys meet together. The biggest struggle I  have found in this though is helping guys realize that this is what they need.  Part of the battle is finding the common interest that guys have. I think many times we think we all want fellowship when really we want to get together and wrestle through the word.  Another struggle is I believe many guys just want to be with their families and feel guilty leaving to go "hang out." This guilt can spring up for many reasons.  But either way meeting the relational needs of men in your group is vital for it to grow and for their families or future families to stay strong. I think the key things to making this happen are giving them opportunities to step, giving them more than just fellowship, and selling the importance of this facet of their spiritual walk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment